So after like a couple of months, er . . a few months . . . cough, six months, Okay!, it's been six months I'm starting up the CASEing Genius feature again. I've had all these fabulous designers waiting in limbo because I did not have it together. I feel like I'm pretty caught up now and can get back to sharing some of my favorite people with you!
If you're new to the blog and have zero clue what this is about I'll recap for you. I really want to introduce you guys to crafters I think are amazing. Maybe you'll think they are amazing too and then we can all support and love each other and maybe hold hands while we sing Kumbaya. Too much? Okay at least love and support each other.
With that being said do you know someone who is amazing that you are just head over heels for? Please leave me there blog link!! I'd love to go see them too!
Are you ready to meet today's genius?
It's . . .
I found Shelly because we play in a lot of the same challenges. Her style is so clean and her cards are spectacular. Truly, she'll take like 3 things and put together this design that is visually like OMG and she used three things. Gah. Amazing, She is so sweet in her supportive comments, I just adore her. I hope you'll go over to her blog Simply Sweet Greetings and take a look. You will not be disappointed!
Let's get to know her better
1. Who are you and where do you live?My name is Shelly Kurth and I live in Florida.
2. How would you describe your style?My style is definitely CAS. There's no other way to put it. Sometimes I may put some layers into my cards, but that all comes down to what I'm picturing in my mind. Which, honestly can be a disaster at times! lol
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?Just one!?...I would say, I'm totally crushing on anything Lawn Fawn! Seriously, where have I been all these years?!...Their stamps, dies, paper...sigh...LOVE.
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now?
One of my first crafty purchases besides some pre-scored cards, was a Provo Craft 12" paper trimmer. I used that trimmer for many, many, years! As much I as loved it then, I would not buy it now.
5. What is your current favorite song?This is tough! I LOVE music (lots of it) and all kinds! Though, I do tend to lean more towards old school songs. And ultimately, it comes down to what I'm in the mood to hear. However though. there's not a day that goes by without listening to Michael Jackson's 'Rock with you'! If that song can't make you dance/sing, I don't know what will!?! ;)
6. Who would play you in a movie?I would love to play Zoe Saldana as Anamaria in Pirates of the Caribbean 'The Curse of the Black Pearl'.
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess?I'm OBSESSED with anything Coconut! Yep. ANYTHING. I will eat/drink/cook/bake with it. Lotions, oils, perfumes, lip gloss, etc. Yep. I have them. Oh, and lets not mention all the candles and air fresheners (living room, bathroom, car, they're everywhere). Chances are if it's Coconut or has Coconut in it, I have it. (Boy, after typing this I may have a serious problem! lol)
Girl, I rock me some Michael Jackson . .allll niiigghht. See what I did there? Don't lie you sang it in your head.
Time for Shelly's awesome projects
See what I mean? A couple of ink colors and one stamp set. BAM. rocked it!
Fun colors, texture, and still CAS. Perfect and so on trend. Cacti are super in right now!
That pop of black! That POP of black, ahh! It's such a small thing but if you take it out the card just doesn't sing like it does now. The soft background with the gold foil. So many different elements but Shelly combined them seamlessly!
First let me say this card was kind of sneak peeked. I sent it to a crafty friend a little while ago and she posted it on Instagram. I toyed with the idea of making a new one but I really loved this card. I figured enough time has passed that it's okay :)
Clearly, I was heavily influenced by Shelly's second card. Cacti and succulents abound in the crafty world right now and I thought this stamp from Waffleflower was perfect.
I colored with my copics and added some details with my black and white gel pens.
Form the third card I used the gold sentiment, although mine is a heat embossed die not foil (can't being myself to buy a laminator) from Hero Arts. I also took the soft stenciling from the third card and did a tone on tone background with an arrow stencil. It felt southwesternish to me. yeah I made that up. I mounted the colored panel with foam adhesive onto my card base and called it a day.
Thank you Shelly for playing along! And thank you so much for coming to visit me!
I hope you'll take the time to go visit Shelly too!!